Friday, January 17, 2014

Just call me Julia Child!!!

Happy Friday Lovlies!!!!

I am a recent convert to a gluten free lifestyle and I am loving the results.  I sleep much better and most importantly, I wake up much better.  I used to feel like death warmed over in the mornings during my gluten days, now my body doesn’t have such a hard time getting moving.  There are different levels of gluten free living and I am taking this journey one day at a time.  I’m sure over the past 2 months some gluten products have passed through these lips but for the most part, I am conscience of what I eat.  I’ve always been a label reader so that part wasn’t a big change for me.  So yesterday I was contemplating what to make for dinner and because I am a HUGE fan of Mexican fare and that is a very good option for folks that stay away from gluten, I figured that would be perfect.  I decided on a Fajita salad as I had a great flank steak in the fridge just waiting to be prepared.  It was a relatively quick and easy dinner to prepare and was FABULOUS…..I think this is worth sharing.


Ingredients:

1 1/2lbs Flank Steak

1 cup Basmati Brown Rice

1 can of Black Beans (rinsed)

Arugula Mix

Fajita Veggie Mix (sautéed in garlic and olive oil)

Avocado Slices

Tomatoes

Plain Greek Yogurt

Cheese (Optional)

Homemade Salsa

For those that enjoy homemade Mexican fair but like to keep it light, this is certainly worth a try……………….


No comments:

Post a Comment

RubyRules. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY labinastudio.